As the nervous system of a complex organism develops, it establishes functional networks through the growth and retraction of synaptic connections from growing axons and dendrites. This synaptic remodeling involves neuro-transmitter signaling, activation of neurotrophin receptors and alterations in gene expression. One such gene whose expression is increased by neural activity is neuritin, a GPI-anchored protein that is expressed in postmitotic differentiating neurons of the developing nervous system. Its expression is also induced by the neurotrophins BDNF and NT-3. Purified recombinant neuritin promotes neurite outgrowth and arborization in primary embryonic neuronal cultures, suggesting that neuritin may play a role as a downstream effector of activity-induced neurite outgrowth. More recent experiments have shown that neuritin is required for the androgen-induced axonal elongation in motor neurons and is upregulated following spinal cord injury, suggesting that neuritin may also play a role in survival and axonal regeneration.
Additional Names : Neuritin, NRN1, cpg15
Left: Western blot analysis of neuritin in Daudi cell lysate with neuritin antibody at (A) 5 and (B) 10 µg/ml.
Below:Immunohistochemistry of Neuritin in mouse heart tissue with Neuritin antibody at 5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :Neuritin antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid peptide from near the center of human neuritin.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : Neuritin antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies
Application : Neuritin antibody can be used for detection of Neuritin by Western blot at 0.5 – 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4101P - Neuritin Peptide
Long-Term Storage : Neuritin antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1401 - Mouse Heart Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M
GI Number : 7706123
Accession Number : NP_057672
Short Description : a neurite-outgrowth promoting protein
1. Li Z and Sheng M. Some assembly required: the development of neuronal synapses. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2003; 4:833-41.
2. Naeve GS, Ramakrishnan M, Kramer R, et al. Neuritin: A gene induced by neural activity and neurotrophins that promotes neuritogenesis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1997; 94:2648-53.
3. Marron TU, Guerini V, Rusmini P, et al. Androgen-induced neurite outgrowth is mediated by neuritin in motor neurons. J. Neurochem. 2005; 92:10-20.
4. Di Giovanni S, De Biase A, Yakovlev A, et al. In vivo and in vitro characterization of novel neuronal plasticity factors identified following spinal cord injury. J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280:2084-91.