The leucine-rich, glioma inactivated gene 4 (LGI4) is a member of the LGI family in which LGI1 is the exemplar. The LGI family consists of four of highly related proteins containing leucine-rich repeats (LRRs) which are highly similar to other transmembrane signaling molecules and receptors. LGI1 has been identified as a candidate tumor suppressor gene for glioma and plays a role in autodominant lateral temporal epilepsy (ADTLE), an epileptic syndrome characterized by focal seizures with predominant auditory symptoms. Despite its high homology with LGI1 and similar pattern of expression, mutations in LGI4 have not been found to be associated with ADTLE. However, the LGI4 gene is located in a region linked to benign familial infantile convulsions. Further study revealed that a GC-to-AT polymorphism was correlated with childhood absence epilepsy. Other studies showed that decreasing LGI4 expression in cultured cells inhibits myelination, indicating that LGI4 may play a role in neural development. Two isoforms of LGI4 are known to exist; this LGI4 antibody will recognize only the larger form. This LGI4 antibody is predicted to be specific to LGI4 and not recognize other LGI proteins.
Additional Names : LGI4 (IN), Leucine-rich, glioma inactivated 4
Left: Western blot analysis of LGI4 in human brain tissue lysate with LGI4 antibody at (A) 1 and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Source :LGI4 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid peptide from near the center of human LGI4.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : LGI4 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : LGI4 antibody can be used for the detection of LGI4 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4513P - LGI4 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : LGI4 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 21359654
Accession Number : AAM49552
Short Description : (IN) Leucine-rich, glioma inactivated 4
1. Gu W, Gibert Y, Wirth T, et al. Using gene-history and expression analysis to assess the involvement of LGI genes in human disorders. Mol. Biol. Evol. 2005; 22:2209-16.
2. Chernova OB, Somerville RP and Cowell JK. A novel gene, LGI1, from 10q24 is rearranged and downregulated in malignant brain tumors. Oncogene 1998; 17:2873-81.
3. Berkovic SF, Izzillo P, McMahon JM, et al. LGI1 mutations in temporal lobe epilepsies. Neurology 2004; 62:1115-9.
4. Gu W, Sander T, Becker T, et al. Genotypic association of exonic LGI4 polymorphism and childhood absence epilepsy. Neurogenetics 2004; 5:41-4.