Collapsin-response mediator proteins (CRMPs) are highly expressed in the developing brain where they play major roles in axonal outgrowth, neurite differentiation, and apoptosis. Their continued expression in areas of high synaptic remodeling such as the cerebellum, hippocampus, and the olfactory system suggests that these proteins may also be involved in adult brain plasticity. CRMP-1 was initially identified as a dihydro-pyrimidinase expressed exclusively in brain; later studies have shown that it is involved with neurotrophin (NT) 3-induced neurite formation and outgrowth. CRMP-1 localization switches from axonal to somatodendritic when neurons reach functional maturity, suggesting that it is involved in early neuronal differentiation as well as in later processes related to the survival or death of the newly generated neurons. This antibody is expected to recognize only the longest isoform of CRMP-1.
Additional Names : CRMP1 (NT), Collapsin response mediator protein 1, DRP-1, dihydropyropyrimidinase-related protein 1
Left: Western blot analysis of CRMP1 in rat brain tissue lysate with CRMP1 antibody at (A) 1 and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Below:Immunohistochemistry of CRMP-1 in mouse brain tissue with CRMP-1 antibody at 2.5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :CRMP1 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human CRMP1.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : CRMP1 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : CRMP1 antibody can be used for the detection of CRMP1 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4983P - CRMP1 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : CRMP1 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 14043246
Accession Number : AAH07613
Short Description : (NT) Collapsin response mediator protein 1
1. Charrier E, Reibel S, Rogemond V, et al. Collapsin response mediator proteins (CRMPs): involvement in nervous system development and adult neurodegenerative disorders. Mol. Neurobiol. 2003; 28:51-64.
2. Cameron HA and McKay RD. Adult neurogenesis produces a large pool of new granule cells in the dentate gyrus. J. Comp. Neurol. 2001; 435:406-417.
3. Hamajima N, Matsuda K, Sakata S, et al. A novel gene family defined by human dihydropyrimidinase and three related proteins with differential tissue distribution. Gene. 1996; 180:157-63.
4. Quach TT, Duchemin A-M, Rogemond V, et al. Involvement of collapsin response mediator proteins in the neurite extension induced by neurotrophins in dorsal root ganglion neurons. Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 2004; 25:433-43.