Thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) has recently been identified as an important factor capable of driving dendritic cell maturation and activation. TSLP is a four-helix-bundle cytokine that is expressed mainly by barrier epithelial cells and is a potent activator of several cell types such as myeloid dendritic cells. TSLP is involved in the positive selection of regulatory T cells, maintenance of peripheral CD4+ T cell homeostasis and the induction of CD4+ T cell-mediated allergic reaction. TSLP is also capable of supporting the growth of fetal liver and adult B cell progenitors and their differentiation to the IgM-positive stage of B cell development. Amino acid sequence analysis has shown poor homology between human and mouse TSLP although they exhibit similar biological functions and are expressed in similar tissues. Despite its predicted molecular weight, TSLP often migrates at a higher molecular weight in SDS-PAGE. At least two differentially spliced isoforms of TSLP are known to exist.
Additional Names : TSLP, mTSLP, Thymic stromal lymphopoietin
Left: Western blot analysis of TSLP in A-20 cell lysate with TSLP antibody at (A) 0.5, (B) 1 and (C) 2 µg/ml.
Below:Immunohistochemistry of TSLP in mouse brain tissue with TSLP antibody at 2.5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :TSLP antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid peptide from near the center of mouse TSLP.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : TSLP antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : TSLP antibody can be used for detection of TSLP by Western blot at 0.5 – 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4025P - TSLP Peptide
Long-Term Storage : TSLP antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : M, R
GI Number : 10946698
Accession Number : NP_067342
Short Description : Murine thymic stromal lymphopoietin
1. Ziegler SF and Liu Y-J. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin in normal and pathogenic T cell development and function. Nature Immunol. 2006; 7:709-14.
2. Sims JE, Williams DE, Morrissey PJ, et al. Molecular cloning and biological characterization of a novel murine lymphoid growth factor. J. Exp. Med. 2000; 192:671-80.
3. Levin SD, Koelling RM, Friend SL, et al. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin: a cytokine that promotes the development of IgM+ cells in vitro and signals via a novel mechanism. J. Immunol. 1999; 162:677-83.
4. Quentmeier H, Drexler HG, Fleckenstein D, et al. Cloning of human thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) and signaling mechanisms leading to proliferation. Leukemia 2001; 15:1286-92.