Immunity-related GTPases (IRG) (also known as p47 GTPases) are a family of GTPase proteins found in vertebrates, which play critical roles in mediating innate resistance to intracellular pathogens. IRG genes have been found in a number of mammals and lower species including mice, rats, zebrafish and humans. Most of the mouse genes contain interferon-stimulated response elements which mediate transcriptional activation by IFNs. In humans, only two IRG genes have been found: human IRGC encodes a full-length IRG protein that, like the mouse homologue, is constitutively expressed in testis, while human IRGM encodes a considerably truncated protein that is constitutively expressed in cultured cells including some macrophage cell lines. As the two human genes IRGC and IRGM are not subject to IFN control, it has been suggested that the host resistance mechanism supported by IRG proteins in the mouse is lacking in humans. Two isoforms of IRGC are known to exist; this antibody will only recognize the IRGCa isoform.
Additional Names : IRGC (NT), Immunity-related GTPase cinema 1, Interferon-inducible GTPase 5, Iigp5, CINEMA
Left: Western blot analysis of IRGC in A20 cell lysate with IRGC antibody at (A) 1 and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Below:Immunocytochemistry of IRGC in A20 cells with IRGC antibody at 5 μg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :IRGC antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human IRGC.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : IRGC antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : IRGC antibody can be used for detection of IRGC by Western blot at 1 - 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 5293P - IRGC Peptide
Long-Term Storage : IRGC antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 10257429
Accession Number : NP_062558
Short Description : (NT) Immunity-related GTPase cinema 1
1. Taylor GA. IRG proteins: key mediators of interferon-regulated host resistance to intracellular pathogens. Cell Microbiol. 2007; 9:1099-107.
2. Yamada K, Akimoto H, Ogawa Y, et al. Upregulation of immunity-related GTPase (IRG) proteins by TNF-alpha in murine astrocytes. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2009; 382:434-9.
3. Singh SB, et al. Human IRGM induces autophagy to eliminate intracellular mycobacteria. Science 2006; 313:1438–41.
4. Bekpen C, Hunn JP, Rohde C, et al. The interferon-inducible p47 (IRG) GTPases in vertebrates: loss of the cell autonomous resistance mechanism in the human lineage. Genome Biol. 2005; 6:R92.