Integrin alpha 4 Antibody
The integrin alpha 4 (also known as CD49d and ITGA4) belongs to the integrin alpha chain family of proteins. Integrins are heterodimeric integral membrane proteins composed of an alpha and beta chains. Alpha 4 chain associates with either beta 1 or beta 7 chain. It has been demonstrated that the putative ligand-binding sites of both integrin alpha 4 beta 1 and alpha 4 beta 7 is located on the alpha 4 chain. These ligands included Madcam, VCAM, and fibronectin. Madcam is known as the principal ligand for integrin alpha 4 beta 7. Recently it was also demonstrated that HIV-1 envelope can mimic Madcam by binding to and signaling though integrin alpha 4 beta 7, the gut mucosal homing receptor for peripheral T cells. Despite its predicted molecular weight, Integrin alpha 4 will often run at higher molecular weight in SDS-PAGE. At least two isoforms are known to exist. The immunogen to this antibody is outside of the Integrin alpha 4 recombinant protein fragment and thus will not recognize it.
Additional Names : Integrin alpha 4 (CT), CD49d, ITGA4, IA4, alpha 4 subunit of VLA-4 receptor
Left: Western blot analysis of Integrin alpha 4 in Jurkat cell lysate with Integrin alpha 4 antibody at 1 µg/ml in (A) the absence and (B) the presence of blocking peptide.
Source :Integrin alpha 4 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human Integrin alpha 4.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : Integrin alpha 4 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Application : Integrin alpha 4 antibody can be used for the detection of Integrin alpha 4 by Western blot at 0.5 – 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4783P - Integrin alpha 4 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : Integrin alpha 4 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 215274002
Accession Number : P13612
Short Description : (CT) CD49d
1. Wegener KL and Campbell ID. Transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains in integrin activation and protein-protein interactions. Mol. Membr. Biol. 2008; 25:376-87.
2. Kamata T, Puzon W, and Takada Y. Identification of putative ligand-binding sites of the integrin alpha 4 beta 1 (VLA-4, CD49d/CD29). Biochem J. 1995; 305:945-51.
3. Berlin C, Berg EL, Briskin MJ, et al. Alpha 4 beta 7 integrin mediates lymphocyte binding to the mucosal vascular addressin MAdCAM-1. Cell 1993; 74:185-95.
4. Pulido R, Elices MJ, Campanero MR, et al. Functional evidence for three distinct and independently inhibitable adhesion activities mediated by the human integrin VLA-4. Correlation with distinct alpha 4 epitopes. J. Biol. Chem. 1991; 266:10241-5.